+ Mercedes-Benz Cars of a class C (W-203)
+ Operation manual
+ Routine maintenance
+ cooling and heating Systems
+ Power supply system and release
+ engine Electric equipment
+ Manual transmission
+ Automatic transmission
+ Coupling and power shafts
+ Brake system
+ Suspension bracket and steering
- Leaving and external equipment of a body
General information and security measures at carrying out body works
Cleaning and leaving
Repair of insignificant damages of body panels
Repair of considerable damages of a body
Windscreen damages as a result of hit of stones
Replacement of brushes of screen wipers
Removal and installation of a jet of a stekloomyvatel of a windscreen
Removal and installation of a jet of back glass
Removal and installation of the lever of a screen wiper of a windscreen
Removal and installation of the lever of a back screen wiper
Removal and catchment basin installation
Removal and cowl installation
Removal and installation of facing of a cowl
Removal and installation of the lock of a cowl
Detachment of a cable of a drive from the cowl lock
Removal and installation of a lattice of a spoiler
Removal and bumper installation
Removal and installation of a rear bumper
Removal and installation of a forward wing
Removal and installation of a protective level on a wing
Removal and installation of a protective level on a bumper
Removal and installation of a protective level on a door
Removal and installation of a forward loker covered
Removal and installation of a back part of a loker of a wing
Removal and installation of a forward door
Removal and installation of forward facing of a door
Removal and installation of a triangular slip
Removal and installation of the external handle of a door
Removal and installation of facing of an external rear-view mirror
Removal and installation of an external mirror
Removal and installation of glass of a mirror
Removal and trunk lid installation
Removal and installation of facing of a trunk lid
Removal and installation of a clamp of the lock of a luggage carrier
Removal and installation of the lock of a door of a back
Removal and installation of the mechanism of the lock of a door of a back
Removal and installation of the cylinder of the lock of a luggage carrier and back door
Removal and installation of a door of a back
Adjustment of a door of a back
Removal and installation of facing of a door of a back
Removal and installation of facing of a door of a back
Removal and installation of a back spoiler
Removal and installation of a cap of a cargo compartment
+ salon Equipment
+ Onboard electric equipment
Repair of insignificant damages of body panels
Elimination of traces of small scratches
1. If scratch superficial also does not mention panel metal, its repair is made extremely simply. For removal of particles of the lagged behind paint and a wax covering slightly rub the scratched area with thin grinding paste. Rinse the processed surface with pure water.
2. A small brush paint over scratch the paint applied to an external covering of surrounding panels of a body. Continue to put paint a layer behind a layer until the surface it in scratch will not reach level of a surrounding surface of the panel. Give to new paint полимеризоваться within, at least, two weeks, then polish a transitional surface aflush with a surface of other panel with application of very thin grinding paste. In summary cover the processed surface with wax.
3. If got through paint, having reached some metal of the panel and having caused its corrosion, it is necessary to apply other technology of repair. A penknife scrape out from scratch a poroshkoobrazny rust, then process a surface ingibitorny paint in order to avoid corrosion development in the future. A rubber or nylon applikator cover the processed damaged area with a shpaklyovka of glyantsovochny type. If necessary - that is especially useful at a shpaklyovka of narrow scratches - for formation of very melkodispersny paste the shpaklyovka can be diluted with solvent. Before the glyantsovochny shpaklyovka will harden in scratch, wrap up a finger-tip a smooth cotton fabric. Then, having moistened a finger in solvent, quickly carry out them along a zashpaklyovanny surface of scratch. It will make a surface slightly concave. Now, after the shpaklyovka hardening, the processed scratch can be painted according to paragraph 2 instructions.
Repair of dents
1. At repair of dents by a priority there is a pulling of the deformed surface for the purpose of its removal to original level. It is not meaningful to try to achieve absolute compliance to the original is it is all the same impossible in a type of violation of internal structure of metal of the panel at blow. Optimum removal of level of the pressed surface to level approximately on 3 mm is lower than a surface of the surrounding intact site of the panel of a body. In case the dent is very superficial a pulling it at all has no sense.
2. In a case when to a concave site it is possible to reach from a reverse side of the panel it is necessary to try отрихтовать a dent from within in hammer blows with soft the brisk. Tapping a dent, densely press to its face a wooden hammer for repayment of an impulse of blow in order to avoid an excessive flexure of the deformed metal of the panel.
3. If the dent was formed on a two-layer site of the panel or access to it from a reverse side is impossible for any other reason, it is necessary to apply other technique of a pulling. To Nasverlita on a concave site of the panel some small openings, trying, that they appeared in the most zaglublenny areas of a dent. Then screw in openings long саморезы, having left their heads sticking out so that it was possible to grasp them nippers. Now start to extend a dent nippers for screws.
4. At the following stage of processing of a dent it is necessary to remove from the damaged surface and on a site in width about 3 cm round it. This work is best of all for making by means of a wire nozzle or the shkuryashchy disk, established in an electrodrill cartridge, also manual processing by an emery paper however is not less effective. The final stage of preparation for a shpaklevaniye is the protsarapyvaniye of naked metal of a dent a screw-driver or a fragment of a file or drilling in it small openings for ensuring the maximum adhesion of a shpaklyovka to a metal surface. Further it is possible to pass to performance of procedures of a shpaklevaniye and coloring (address to the materials presented below).
Repair of the rusted openings and holes
1. By means of shkuryashchy or the wire nozzle, clamped in a cartridge of an electrodrill remove all traces of paint from the damaged area and on a site in width about 3 cm round it. In case of lack of possibility of use of an electrodrill work can be executed not less effectively manually by an emery paper.
2 whether. After removal of paint it is possible to estimate a metal damage rate corrosion and to be defined has sense to start repair or it will be more reasonable to replace the panel entirely (if it in principle is possible). New panels can be got far not so expensively as it many motorists think. Often it appears much quicker and even to establish the new panel more economically, than to make repair of extensive damages of a body.
3. Remove from the damaged panel all elements of furnish of a body, except for what can serve as a reference point for a reconstruction of an original form of the deformed sites (such as facing of block headlights, etc.). By means of scissors on metal or a nozhovochny cloth remove pieces of metal all freely dangling, poorly fixed and hopelessly damaged by corrosion, then unbend opening edges a hammer inside for the purpose of formation of deepening for a room in it a shpaklyovochny material.
4. By means of a metal brush remove from the damaged metal a poroshkoobrazny rust. If there is an access to a reverse side of the damaged site, process it corrosion inhibitor.
5. Before the shpaklevaniye beginning the opening is necessary for muffling. It can be made a priklyopyvaniye or screwing up way to the damaged site from its reverse side of a piece of a tin or having blocked an opening a wire grid.
6. After opening blocking the damaged site can be зашпаклёван and is painted (address to the following subsection).
Shpaklevaniye and coloring
1. The set of types of body shpaklyovka is issued, however, it is necessary to notice that for this type of works enclosed complete with sets shpaklyovochny paste best of all is suitable for repair of body panels with the hardener placed in a tube. To reach smoothness and correctness of a contour of a zashpaklyovanny surface, paste should be put with a flexible plastic or nylon applikator. Strictly following instructions of manufacturers (violation can lead them to the wrong hardening of shpaklyovochny weight), mix insignificant quantity of a shpaklyovka on a pure wooden or cardboard surface (carefully use a hardener).
2. With Applikator put a shpaklyovka on respective in a way prepared (address to the materials presented above) a surface of the damaged site of the body panel. For achievement of a desirable contour of a surface and shpaklyovka level each dab an applikator should pass through all repaired surface. As soon as the contour of a zashpaklyovanny surface will appear close to original, immediately stop to put a shpaklyovka as that, stiffening will begin подлипать to an applikator, forming lumps and leaving the tease on a processed surface. Continue to put paste layers with intervals about 20 minutes until level of a zashpaklyovanny surface will not begin to act slightly over surrounding metal of the panel.
3. After shpaklyovka hardening, its surplus can be removed by means of a file. The stage of a zashkurivaniye and polishing of a zashpaklyovanny surface further begins. Best of all the waterproof emery paper of import production (as in it uniform granularity of an abrasive and its good adhesion to a basis is observed) is suitable for this purpose. It is necessary to begin with coarse-grained paper No. 180 and, on progressing reducing granularity, it is possible to finish on No. 600. To reach adequate planeness of a processed surface paper it is necessary to wrap up previously round whetstone from dense rubber (a tree or polyfoam) or to paste on it. In the course of processing paper should regularly and be moistened with water often. Such technology allows to reach absolute smoothness and flatness of a processed surface at the final stage.
4. At this stage the processed damaged surface should appear surrounded with the ring of pure naked metal which is coming to an end with gradually coming to naught edge of good paint. Rinse the processed surface with pure water, washout from it everything formed during polishing an abrasive.
5. From an aerosol ballonchik sprinkle the processed surface a thin layer of a light first coat. It will allow to reveal all defects allowed during polishing which can be eliminated with a pokryvaniye way their layer of a fresh shpaklyovka. Repeat a zashkurivaniye and polishing stage. Repeat to alternate a shpaklevaniye, processing and a surface first coat before receiving satisfactory result. On termination of rinse the processed surface with water and dry it.
6. Now the surface is ready to coloring. Car coloring by an aerosol should be made at motionless, dry, warm, and not dusty air. Most fully meet these requirements of a condition of the volume closed and heated room. If circumstances compel to carry out body coloring in the open air, it is necessary to treat with all gravity a choice of suitable weather conditions. At work indoors beat a dust, having sprinkled a floor water. If coloring of only separate panel of a body of the car is made, cover the intact panels surrounding it. This precautionary measure will allow to minimize effect of insignificant difference in tones of old and fresh paints. As the chromeplated decorative strips, door handles, etc., also it is necessary to cover such elements of furnish (and it is better - to remove). For protection of surfaces not subject to coloring use a sticky tape and old newspapers which should be imposed in some слоёв.
7. Before starting aerosol use, carefully stir up a ballonchik, then sprinkle paint a trial surface, fulfilling equipment of coloring. Cover the surface prepared for coloring with a thick layer of a first coat. The thickness is reached at the expense of repeated drawing of thin layers of a first coat. Without feeling sorry some water, a moisture resistant emery paper No. 600 process the grounded surface, achieving its absolute smoothness. Before starting final coloring let's to a first coat dry out completely.
8. Put a layer of decorative paint, again achieving thickness at the expense of its repeated drawing. Coloring begin from the center of a repaired site, making a hand with a ballonchik roundabouts, expanding their radius on a spiral until there will be covered all damaged area, plus still a ring of surrounding good about five centimeters in width. 10-15 minutes later (it is better not later not to damage edge starting to stiffen fresh paints) after drawing of the last paint coat unstick covering surrounding panels of a body of the newspaper and a sticky tape. Paint finally полимеризуется within about two weeks then, for smoothing of transition of fresh paint, process the restored surface very thin grinding paste. In summary put on the panel a wax layer.