W203 since 2000 of release
Repair and car operation
+ Mercedes-Benz Cars of a class C (W-203)
+ Operation manual
+ Routine maintenance
+ cooling and heating Systems
+ Power supply system and release
- Engine electric equipment
+ ignition and engine management System
+ System of preheat of the diesel engine
+ Diagnostics of systems of electronic control and diagnostic equipment
- Charge and start systems
The storage battery - the main data and acquisition of the new battery
Check and charging of the storage battery
Replacement of the storage battery
Storage of the storage battery
Charging system - general information and security measures
Check of system of a charging
Removal and generator installation
Removal and installation of a regulator of tension. Replacement of brushes
System of start of the engine - the general information and precautionary measures
Removal and starter installation
Removal and installation of the traction relay of a starter
Check of system of start of the engine
+ Manual transmission
+ Automatic transmission
+ Coupling and power shafts
+ Brake system
+ Suspension bracket and steering
+ Onboard electric equipment
Прием аккумуляторов Первоуральск смотри здесь.
Check and charging of the storage batteryThe low-served storage battery
Unattended storage battery
Storage batteries of all types
Check of fastening of plugs of the storage battery and holder
Check of the storage battery under loading
The sequence of actions given below can differ from recommended by the producer of the accumulator established on the car. In this case use recommendations of the producer.
The ordinary and low-served storage battery
Charging of the unattended battery
Remarks on security measures:
Before a charge of the storage battery familiarize with remarks on the security measures given in the Section Check of a condition, adjustment and replacement of brushes of screen wipers:
· Do not disconnect the storage battery at the working engine.
· Never close the battery накоротко, i.e. do not connect positive (+) and negative poles (-). Thus the battery is warmed up and can burst.
· Do not use near the battery an open flame. The electrolit is poisonous. Do not allow its hit in eyes, on skin and on clothes. Otherwise plentifully wash out electrolit water.
· At the battery with central gazootvody, at a charge, a stopper (crosswise shlitsa) do not turn out.
· Before a charging of the frozen battery let's to it be defrozen. The charged battery freezes at temperature near 65°С, the semi-charged battery at temperature near 30°С and discharged at temperature near 12°С. After defrosting the battery check on existence of cracks. If necessary replace.
· At a battery charge the normal charger or the device with the accelerated charging remove the battery. At least, disconnect the negative (-) and a positive cable (+).
· At use of the portable charger (a small current) the charging can be carried out without battery removal. A cable to an onboard network to disconnect thus it is not required. It is necessary, naturally to consider data of the manufacturer of the battery.
Charging of strongly discharged and sulfatirovanny storage battery
The storage battery, long time not used (for example, at long parking of the car), is discharged and сульфатируется over time.
If tension of idling of the battery lies below 11.6 In, the battery is considered strongly discharged. Check tension of rest, thus address to subsection “Check of the storage battery”.
At strongly discharged battery of electrolits consists almost of one water.
Strongly discharged battery сульфатируется, i.e. on a surface of electrodes large low-soluble crystals of sulphurous lead are formed. The electrolit thus loses transparency and gets weak white coloring.
If strongly discharged battery is charged directly after the category, the sulfatatsiya occurs again. Otherwise plates of the battery continue to harden, and possibility of a charge of the battery for a long time remains limited.
Strongly discharged and sulfatirovanny battery should be charged by the lowered current about 5 %, i.e. at, for example, capacity of the battery 60 of Ach force of a charging current should make 3 And.
Tension of a charge should make no more than 14.4 Century.
The fast charging/the help at start
The device for a fast charge charge the battery only for ensuring start of the car. Thus force of a charging current makes 20 % and more from battery capacity. Thus the battery is damaged, since is exposed to influence of big currents. Time not used and strongly discharged battery is long it is not necessary to charge the device for a fast charge since it leads to a sulfatatsiya.